The Services Family (equals) is committed to providing a website that is accessible to all of our users and customers and we adhere sensibly and practically to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 from the W3C website.
These are produced by the World Wide Web Consortium, the web’s governing body, and provide a set of checkpoints designed to ensure that websites are designed and written properly.
To make sure our website is accessible as possible:
- Our images have alternative text so that if you can’t see the image, you can still understand what it means.
- We use strong colour contrasts between foreground and background.
- The page text can be made larger to make it easier to see and read on your computer.
- We’ve used our headings correctly by making sure they’re not just ordinary text made to look big and bold.
- Our links are meaningful so you can find the information you need quickly.
- The tables we use have clear headings and summaries.
- We provide a number of colour contrast settings for the best customer experience.
- We use plain English which is clearly understandable, and have avoided using jargon where we can.
If you have problems using a computer because of a disability or impairment then we recommend that you visit AbilityNet’s website which provides advice on how to make your computer easier to use. AbilityNet are experts in the field of computing and disability and they provide a free service to individuals with disabilities to assess their computing needs
We welcome feedback on the accessibility of our site and any suggestions for improvement, so please email us on email@example.com for any comments you’d like to raise regarding accessibility.
If you have any problems using the equals website, please contact us we’ll do what we can to help.